The aims and objectives of the APM are to –
- Maintain and upgrade the standard of Podiatry according to worldwide standards.
- To strive to promote the levels of competences of its members.
- To promote the profession at a national and international level.
- To maintain and renew the Code of Ethics and practice of profession.
- To ensure observance of Code of Ethics and practise of the profession by all members of the association.
- To liase, in an advisory capacity, with health authorities, professional bodies and voluntary organizations regarding issues related to podiatry.
- To further the interest, and safeguard the welfare of the association’s members.
- To voice opinions on Podiatry issues.